My sweet, sweet Emily made a wonderful Mother's Day folder for me to hold all my Mother's Day cards in. In it she wrote her very own special message to me; "I love you Mom. You are creative, caring and the best of the best." - We still need to work on our D's vs our B's obviously, but she is just so very precious to us and has such a generous heart. We love you sweet Emily. I'm so proud of your creations, your imagination, and your never ending curiousity.
Our Mother's Day celebration is turning into a wonderful family time. This year we went to see a play at the Shannon Center at Whittier College. They have a children's theater troup that has two or three productions a season. We've been twice before and have enjoyed ourselves every time.
This season we have only been able to catch this single production of Rumplestiltskin. The very cool thing about these plays is that they partner with the local library and Target, so after the play is over the children are able to receive a copy of the book, and Emily got hers signed by all the actors. It made her feel really special, and she very much enjoyed the play.
Everett was very good for the first 20 minutes of the play but he was unable to sit through it to the end, so Daddy was kind enough to take him for a walk around the Theater while Emily, her Grandparents and I finished seeing the play. It was just 3pm or so when we got out so we decided to give Everett a late nap, and have a relaxing cocktail hour at our home.
My loving husband made plans to spoil me the whole day. The day before I was treated to a pedicure. He took care of breakfast before church Sunday morning and got the kids all dressed for me, then we took my car to get it detailed while we went to church. A nice surprise for me, I have a car that feels like new even though it's almost 12 years old. It has shown me what good condition it's in for its age.
He prepared artichokes, my favorite, for dinner as well as potatoes and a delicious London Broil. I didn't have to lift a finger. He and my Father-in-law did the dishes, all the while his Mom and I drank wine, watched The Help and talked.
It was a wonderful Mother's Day full of flowers, delicious food, and family. We'll be celebrating this way for many years to come I hope.

No comments:
Post a Comment