Saturday, May 11, 2013

Everett's Big Bad Booboo

So most people reading this, are aware of Everett's head injury. It happened the day before Emily's eye surgery. Here's a quick run down of what happened. Obviously it was a very busy week for us. Not only did we have Emily's surgery happening that week but we had begun the application process to refinance our home loan. I was on the phone with our Loan gal when Everett fell. He tripped right next to our back door and fell head first splitting his head open on the inset panel in the door. I knew it was going to be bad, he got up and looked at me, he had a gaping hole in his forehead. It was very deep.
I quickly hung up with the loan lady and brought him over to the sink so I could staunch the bleeding. I quickly ran down what I would need to do and decided, I would have to call 911. There was no way for me to stop the bleeding and get both kids into my car and all the way to the nearest Kaiser facility, which is in Bellflower. In hindsight, I could have, but I panicked; thinking there was no way to pull it off. 
So we had a little drama to say the least. Lots of neighbors came out to check on us. Two firetrucks and an ambulance. It was so sweet to have Everett laid out on the sofa and be comforted by the fire fighters and paramedics. They checked him over and took us to the local hospital.
It took about four hours of waiting and then they stitched him up. They did a very good job of it and now his scar is a slight line on his forehead. We couldn't be more grateful for the care he received and of course at the end of it all, we took him out for some ice cream.
(Warning; there are pictures of the actual cut, it is deep so be aware.)

In Triage with his Daddy.



We entertained ourselves with my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment