It has been a long while since we've posted. I am sorry for that, specifically for the kids. I wanted so much to have a journal for them of their early years. To help them piece together the part of their life that is so precious and over so quickly. The truth is I didn't know how to journal about something that happened to us over a year ago now. It's going to take me some time to put together a post about it so, for now, I will post about our current lives and over the next couple of months do some recapping for the sake of what's missing in here. Bear with us and remember - it's for my children that I do this.
Today is Valentine's Day; which in our house, we treat as a day of thanksgiving: a day to count our blessings and to celebrate our love for each other, our family and friends.
I wanted to surprise the kiddos when they woke up. They each got a sweet pile of stuff for Love Day; a balloon, a crown, a love letter from Mommy and Daddy, a stuffed animal, a little toy, candy hearts and stickers. Emily loved hers. Everett being 2 wasn’t very interested. They do enjoy balloons and stickers though, as do all children.
Emily’s Kindergarten class had their Valentine’s Day party, so Everett and I went down to the school a little early to join in the festivities. Emily Valentines for all her friends were homemade again. I love making a healthy treat for the kids and it is so much cheaper than the boxed stuff. Emily is really helpful with decorations and loves to write so she signed over 25 Valentines and helped me roll grapes in Jello mix for all her school friends. It was a big hit with all the kids.
![]() |
| Hearts for lunch. |
![]() |
| Sharing her Valentine's with her brother. |
My loving husband sent me a beautiful bouquet of roses that arrived first thing this morning.
This quote is a new favorite of mine and really sums up the depth of my joy at this moment;
"To hear laughter of a child, to wake up next to the love of your life, to know that God has placed them on this earth for you... you are blessed.”
That we are.






No comments:
Post a Comment