Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A very merry un-birthday!

Not yet, but soon, it will be Frank's birthday. However, that hasn't stopped us from celebrating it several days ahead of time.
We have nothing but plans for celebrating.
Our first day of celebration came in the form of dinner at his parents' home. Mom made the dinner, as specially requested by the birthday boy and I made the cake, as requested by Emily.
(She suggested raspberries and vanilla - so I ran with it)
The result:
A pretty meringue frosted cake with raspberry filling by Martha Stewart. Here's her version:

I used raspberries we had picked when we went apple picking last October. It turned out beautifully and I will make this cake again.
The dinner with Grandma and Grandpa was so lovely as it always is. Here are some highlights:

Emily likes to ask every one for their cherries during cocktail hour.


Look whose almost crawling. . .




His two top teeth cut in this weekend.




Beautiful Momma.

When your this old you just set the damn thing on fire.


The next day we met up with my family for a birthday lunch in Pasadena. We have a favorite restaurant in the area called
El Portal. We've been going for some time whenever we get a chance.
My parents just happened to be in town so it was the perfect time to make this work. So here's all my favorite pics:




















As Papa Peter put it, fun was had by all. We really enjoyed the time we spent together.
There are more plans for celebrating Frank's Birthday, more family and friends to share it with. I love it when we get to spend time with every one. It's everything I want in my life, good food, good drink and good company in our family and friends.
With this man by my side I feel so blessed. He makes everything OK when I feel low. He loves me so. He's the father to my children I knew he would be and after all is said and done; I love him too.
Now more than ever. Happy Birthday Frank!

No comments:

Post a Comment