Saturday, January 8, 2011

Random little Everett.

Daddy really likes these perspective shots I get of Everett.


I like them too, but my favorites are of his bed head.

So, I have to say; This kids is pretty darn cute! He's growing so fast! He is still so very chunky. It's like carrying around a frozen Turkey. He's really easy to make laugh or giggle. All we have to do is make a funny noise or face, or if your Emily, just be in the room and he laughs. He has this little scrunchy nose now. You can see it in his pictures sometimes.

Highly ticklish and a good sport about it too. He even laughs in his sleep, which just melts my heart.
He now claps, babbles, and signs. He says; "mama" "dada" and "all done".

We're a little bit slower in the mobility department, although I'm hardly wishing for it. It's so much easier when they stay where you place them. He is getting close to crawling though. He can get from sitting to his belly and belly to back and all of that. He rolls from one end of the room to the other and can push himself up off the ground and backwards. Lately he's been getting himself backed up under furniture so I know crawling is just around the corner.
He has begun drinking from cups and it's pretty cute.
As for sleeping well, it is what it is. As far as I can tell the biggest issue is peeing his diaper. He sleeps a good chunk of the first part of the night, and somewhere in there, he wets his diaper, which may or may not wake him. Then, it gets cold. That wakes him up. Usually anywhere from 12-2am. So I nurse him and change him and put him back. Then he wakes up around 5-6am, that's when I bring him into bed with me. We usually sleep until 7am.
So I thought, I'll buy the really expensive diapers and he won't feel it when the wet gets cold.
It just simply hasn't made a difference. Next I'm going to try putting a cotton ball in his diaper. I heard somewhere that boys don't pee if you do this. I'm desperate for better sleep so I'll try it.
As far as naps go, it's much better than it has been. I can just lay him down in there and he goes to sleep. I have the kids afternoon naps in sync which means Mommy gets a break in the afternoon. Not really a break, just and hour or so to get whatever needs doing done. You know how it is.
His next well baby appointment is next week, those stats will be up soon. Especially curious how much weight he has gained.
In the mean time, we are beginning to get excited for his birthday. It's not every year your child turns 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment