Monday, April 7, 2014

Our Vegas Getaway

After battling a pretty brutal cold through some tough weeks, I got a sweet reward for it all the last weekend in March. I flew out to Vegas to spend the weekend with Frank at the end of Cinemacon. It's the largest movie exhibition convention in the US. He had been out since the Saturday prior and I had spent the entire week trying to take out a sinus infection that was laying me out while the kids were on Spring Break. 
Fortunately, by Thursday I started to feel much better and was able to muster the strength to make my Friday plane. Thank God I did too, it was an excellent trip together. 
Frank was staying at Caesars Palace which I love because the rooms are huge (I still don't get the second bath, though) and the view of the pool is amazing. 
We enjoyed limo rides, cocktails everywhere we went and oysters on the half shell. I couldn't stop ordering them. They are so yummy to me. I get to enjoy them all to myself too, which is fine by me. 
We took in a couple of shows and celebrated our Anniversary out at a favorite place of Frank's. 
I will always love weekends like this. When we get to focus on being a couple instead of being parents. Although, when having a weekend together like this, I would prefer not to hear about a 5.1 earthquake striking very close to home when our children were supposed to be tucked away in their beds. Gladly, they slept through it and the only damage was a few glass items. 
So I won't be sharing pics of this trip but this one below; you will find a view if the strip, taken from the level of the sign at Mandalay Bay where you can see all the hotels shut their signage off for an hour to save energy costs. It's a little eerie. 


No comments:

Post a Comment