Here we are, at the end of summer. All in all it was good for us. With Daddy traveling quite a bit and both kids’ sick with various ailments since July, it's no wonder I've been neglecting the blog a little. Here goes some serious updating.
I spent most of July selling some of our baby gear on Craig's List. I was able to take the money and buy a new pool for our back yard. This one comes with a filter though so I don't have to constantly empty and refill it. We've really been enjoying it. (even the grownups in the house.) We've been spending lots of time in the back yard on the playground or in the water playing and it's helped keep the kids entertained.
 |
| Everett walking on the slip and slide. His most favorite summer activity. |
 |
| Emily floating in her new pool. Her favorite thing. |
 |
| Everett slashing. |
 |
| Emily splashing. |
 |
| Everett in his puddle pond. |
 |
| All this play time is exhausting. |
 |
| My little dude. |
 |
| Emily is too busy decorating her new toothbrush to smile for Mommy. |
 |
| Yes he is fully clothed. |
 |
| Watching Dora - his favorite. |
 |
| See even the grownups have fun. |
 |
| I just love making dinner for toddlers. |
Being a parent the second time around, I find myself letting Everett get more dirty and be more independent than I ever did with Emi. So he gets to explore on his own and I just don't panic if he eats dirt or gets in the pool fully clothed. He's a kid, I'm gonna let him be a kid.
Emily has been in school all summer so going back this week was fairly uneventful. Just more kids were there this week. She even had the same teacher she's had all summer so no big change for her. She's learning so much and more than anything, we are really impressed with her ability to draw. She's improving more and more so I'm curious to see where all her learning will take her this year.
My little guy is doing well. He's really walking and talking of course. Some words are much clearer than others. This is probably my fault as I don't always correct him when I should. We FINALLY stopped breast feeding this summer. I wish it happened sooner but he really wanted to keep going and wasn't ready to give it up when I was but, he's my last baby - and I'm okay if he wants to take his time. As predicted, once we stopped breast feeding, Everett began sleeping through the night. One or two rough transitions and now they both go to bed at 8 and get up at 8. (Love this on Saturdays)
They nap together in the afternoons too. I'm really hoping we can keep it this way for a while because it is working so well. The kids are so used to each other now they miss each other when apart. Just the other day Emily was treated to a special day by her Auntie and she started to say how much she missed Everett. They really are so sweet with each other. Emily has learned all the tricks for manipulating her brother too. If she wants to play by herself, she'll lure him out in the living room with a toy and then run and close the door to their room to play by herself.
By far everyone’s favorite time of day is when Daddy comes home from work. The kids are usually playing in the living room and the moment Daddy opens the door, they both run at him yelling "Daddy" - one of Everett’s better pronounced words. If he wants my attention he just grunts. I gotta work on that. Where's the respect kid?
Emily's eyeglass prescription has changed and so we took her to the optometrist to pick out new frames. We had to leave A Child's View because they were not covered by our insurance, but I cannot recommend them highly enough and I am so glad we started there with Emily's first pair. Their service was impeccable and they had everything we needed. Emily of course had to try on every pair of frames they had at our new optometrist, and was waffling between a very nice plain pair and the pink princess ones. Her final choice was of course the pink pair. I was so happy to have her make a final choice I practically threw them at the Consultant and hollered "we'll take 'em!" They should be ready in about a week.
We are looking forward to fall and the holidays of course. We have a new cousin on the way, he'll be here in October as well as Emily's second favorite holiday after Christmas, Halloween. Oh the plans we have! We’ll post soon, but don’t hold me to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment