Thursday, September 15, 2011

Dancin' with my baby

As I was trying to wean Everett from breast feeding over the summer I've had to be creative in our routine changes to break the habit. What we've found is that we love to dance together. For a long time now with Emily, my singing her lullabies is part of our going to bed routine. Since they've always shared a room, Everett now demands this of Mommy too.
There are two or three songs that I can sing that will stop his tears at the moment I start to sing. One of those songs is I Know You from Sleeping Beauty.
Now it is the song we sing and dance to before bed. I love this precious moment of my day. Sometimes he hums along, resting his head on my shoulder and nuzzling into my neck making me feel like the most wonderful mother on the planet.
I will never get over the unconditional love of our children. I know it changes shape as they grow older, so I am clinging to these moments while we have them.
Although - we have so little; we are so very rich in love in our humble little house.

No comments:

Post a Comment