Little girls and tea parties go hand in hand. Especially in our house. One of Emily's tried and true, favorite things to do when we have guests over to our home is to serve them tea.
It might be a full fledge tea with her table, chairs and tea set or it might be highly spontaneous with stacking cups and blocks.
She loves her some tea. For her third birthday last year, we took her to Color me Mine and let her pick out a ceramic item to paint. She chose a stacking cup and pot. She drinks her tea out of it, usually when she is sick but sometimes just because.
A few weeks ago, I took the kids with me to The Huntington Library (love this place) for a tea with my mother and sister. Emily was very excited, and I was too. She wore a pretty floral dress handed down from a cousin and had everyone call her Lilly for the remainder of the day. I let her use a hat I bought for myself (always a bad idea, hats) and she was all set to frolic in the gardens.
Tea was so fun for her, however as preschooler friendly as tea sandwiches can be, Emily, like her Daddy, does not like her food mixed together. Her lunch was made up mostly of fruits and veggies. I loved the sandwiches, caviar, and the clotted cream (so smooth).
After tea we walked through the grounds to the childrens garden. A truly magical, whimsical place. Very kid friendly and right up little Emi's alley. She loved the "magnetic sand" and the fountains.









No comments:
Post a Comment