Saturday, March 8, 2014
Star gazing party
Emily's Girl Scout troop had a fun field trip. In a field behind the school where their meetings are held they invited all the families to come out for some star gazing. We brought our camping chairs and blankets, I packed a picnic dinner which the kids love, then I made them star treat goody bags full of glow sticks, flashlights, Milky Way candy bars and lollipops. It was a hit! They had some educational crafts for the kids to do. Huge telescopes we could use to look at Jupiter and the moon. Everett was a little too tired for a late night but Emily and her fellow daisies had a blast together telling ghost stories and eating some of the candy from her goody bag. To top the whole evening off, we won our very own telescope. We'll be having some star gazing parties of our own I'm thinking...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment