Thursday, July 7, 2011

Ah! What are these spots?!?!

What I was told by the Urgent Care Doctor was an ear infection turns out to be Roseola. A virus common for infants and toddlers. It makes a lot of sense as Everett did not show any other symptoms from his fever and loose stools. I'm so very happy to really know what the problem was. The tell was the rash of tiny red dots all over his skin. They broke out across his back and face, arms and legs. I thought initially perhaps he was allergic to his antibiotic, it looks similar, however he also had a blood test this week that indicated he was sick with a virus as his blood counts were all low.
I'm happy to report he seems to be on the mend now and I hope when we go back for another blood test and follow up there are no concerns with his blood counts.
In the mean time part of his visit was for his 15 month stats so here they are; 23lbs, 12ozs; 30 1/4" tall, I don't remember what they measured his head at so we'll just stick with big and leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment